View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin3265 View Post
I think it's that video game music remixes are on the decline, and that Ommmmm is exactly right: it's hard to remix Final Fantasy 13 music that's already performed by a full orchestra. Yes, a lot of people may have shown up at MAGFest, but people are remixing the same tired old Chrono Trigger music from what's going on two decades ago. I'm tired of hearing Chrono Trigger remixes and I don't download them anymore. There's nothing new in the community, which is why it is slowly dying out. Look at how the Shizz has degenerated into pointless rubbish and how nobody talks about music there anymore.
Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. Video game music remixes are not on the decline. We get more and more submissions over at OCR every day, and people are always trying to start some new album project to get a ton of remixes out. New artists are always emerging.

We also get our fair share of submissions from new games. Just because music is orchestral doesn't mean that people aren't going to remix it, and there's still a lot of lo-fi melodic music coming out on platforms like DS, PSP, and in the downloadable markets. There's no shortage of new material to remix, and people are tackling it with gusto.

Also, you need to stop looking at the Shizz as indicative of the overall health of the community. You want to get your finger on the pulse of the community? Look at OCR and DoD; those are the hubs of activity, and they're still going strong, putting out fresh material all the time, from both new and old games.

So let's REALLY get real here and get to the heart of the matter: you gotta stop playing the blame game. Stop blaming the community for declining, stop blaming other sites for dissing you by not replying to your emails, stop blaming other people because they're making you do everything by yourself.

EDIT: I was under the impression that DoD was more of a VGMix/Shizz thing than just a Shizz thing, in which case, you need to look at Shizz and OCR both to get a pulse on the community.

Last edited by DarkeSword; Feb 11, 2010 at 01:52 PM.