View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
you have won, I'm pissed off
I removed all my "saint seiya eternal xxx" english tracklists
and from now, I stop submitting english tracklists (maybe other tracklists too)

maybe I should remove all my english tracklists
You're overreacting, there is no need to do that. I don't think that nobody here wants you stop submitting english tracklists, or contributing on vgmdb as you see fit.

But you can't expect to say things like
Quote:
a song like "yakusoku wa iranai" is easier to remember as romaji as translations which can differ according to a lot of sites/material (and translations can corrupt the original meaning)
, don't add a single explanation why you feel thay way, and that people don't reply to that.

Each translator has its own way of doing things, and no approach is better than the other. The only thing I want to know about your translation approach is:

1. Why do you insist in including romaji terms in an english tracklist when there are alternatives of said terms in english?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
if you respect the meaning of "Sword of Balmung", it gives "Sword of a Sword"
dare to say me it has sense
I don't know if Balmung means "sword" in some scandinavian language if that's what you're referring to. I think that Balmung is a proper noun and as such shouldn't be translated. I can understand that the term "Sword of Balmung" seems to you redundant, but maybe other people whose knowledge of the Norse mythology is limited, maybe they don't know that Balmung is the name of a sword and you don't have the right to presume that everyone knows something, no matter how obvious it is to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
It's like you translate Ryu's Hadouken or Goku's Kame-hame-ha into english. I know "Metor Fist" is the english adaptation to the anime if I remember correctly but it seems to much forced
I know that some anime fighting techniques are more known in the west by their romaji forms. I don't know the case of Saint Seiya, I don't know if Meteor Fist is more widespread in the west than Ryuseiken or the other way around. I propose you something, if you're capable of showing me that "Ryuseiken" is more widespread in the english audience than "Meteor Fist", I'll change it back (the same for the other fighting technique names)

And yes, please, make those scans real, I'm dying to see musician credits of these legendary albums.