View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
I don't think that the arcade should be added just because there are arrangements of old tunes from Sega arcades. As far as I know, the platforms field should only correspond to the soundtrack of the game that it is appropriate. This way gives the wrong impression that Bayonetta was also released for arcade. The same goes for the Rent-a-Music - Rent-a-Hero No. 1 Original Soundtrack.
I see your point but I think a database should give accurate information. Since we're about video game music and the arrangements (and originals) are video game music.. why should we NOT mention them? There's no question either way that it's first and foremost Bayonetta's soundtrack. If people wants to know what platform Out Run was for they shouldn't have to google, that's what a video game music database is for.

I think VGMdb needs a way to associate the games presented to platforms because it can easily get messy like this (or with doujin albums covering like 14 games for different platforms). The metadata ends up being inconclusive as you say but removing the information is not the answer imo, instead make it clearer. Thoughts?

Last edited by Another Soundscape; Dec 17, 2009 at 02:06 PM.