View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:34 AM

Default The Reason why you are collecting VGM CDs

Hi together ^^

I'm curious why so many people are collecting VGM?

My brother and I started looking for some Soundtracks end of april. We actually never thought that we can get so much addicted in collecting CDs. I find it quite interesting negotiating with sellers and/or buyers, it's like a little flea market on the internet. My brother tells me often that collecting VGM CDs is like finding treasures and it's every time exciting. Once you got something, you still want more and more. I totally agree with him.. I like these moments too, when you sell something and the person who has bought it is really happy about his/her received package. Some people have written us some quite personal details why they love so much the music and were so grateful even weeks and months after they got it.

After I've downloaded for years from various channels and torrent-sites I can personally say that collecting the real deal is much more interesting. We stopped downloading VGM Soundtracks, we only want the original ones and sometimes we really into the hunt. Try to imagine two different rooms (respectly my brother's and my room) where we're checking for the newest updates and some japanese stores, compairing prices, looking for better or complete CDs... sometimes we argue heavily which CD we should buy now. I actually have never shared some kind of interest with my brother (even as kids, he liked Pokémon and I Sonic the Hedgehog), but on the other hand I'm glad that we actually enjoy something together.

So... what's your reason? ^^

Edit: Well q.q I forget to tell my "first collecting" story too.

I'm a big fan of Land Stalker. I really love the second field theme, it's something that I never heard before. After years searching for it I found it on eBay and tried to bid for it. I think around 2003 the CDs were much expensiver... the soundtrack went for about 80 US Dollars over the desk and I was disappointed that I didn't got it. The seller mailed me some days later and told me, that he had an second copy and even the promotion single. Some weeks later I got both CDs in a very good condition and started to share it on the vgm hub. I was so proud about it, I never thought that I really will get this CD. It's my personal favourite.

Last edited by Lucy; Jul 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM.