View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:49 AM

It seems that I awoke the wrath of the staff of this forum ...

Anyway, I think that names in Kanji mixed with romanized versions of other names are useless (One person could read and think: Oh great!I still do not know what name is that!). They can be omitted rather than being written in Kanji. I know that even to Japanese sometimes is difficult to read the names, and they make mistakes when they convert names to hiragana/katakana. There are classic examples of this. For Japanese names there are certain rules, and with some of them I try to read the names. But I can say to you one thing: some names will never receive a reading confirmation, because they are less known names, as you said. Instead of giving so much importance to this minor names, you should pay more attention to the large number of errors that exist in the database, I saw several in the few albums that I checked (names of people translated as common words, wrong titles, exaggerated translation errors and things of this type). I tried just to contribute, adding new information. I apologize for that. I will not make more interferences.

私の欲しいは貢献することです。 新しい情報を追加する。本当にすみません。もっと干渉することがない。