View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritsukai View Post
Kamikura confirmed on this Soundtrack, it was obvious though.
Basiscape Composers Interview - Shooting Gameside #1
Yeah, kind of expected knowing Basiscape handled the DOJ Extra arrange, but it's still nice to see actual confirmation, even more when he says he arranged stage 4. I was between Kudo and him on that one, he definitely did an outstanding job.
Even more interesting is this, tho:

Quote:
—Of all the shooting game remixes you've done, what are the ones you like the most?

Kudo: Ketsui EXTRA (X360). These remixes were going to be used in the actual game, and the original compositions would loop twice in a single stage, so I rearranged the structure of the whole song to match the scrolling in the stage, and doubled the length, making it a sort of "plus alpha" version of the original. It was also the first time for me to experiment with many different musical ideas, like changing the different high speed blast beat rythms to scratch beats and break beats
I knew Kudo had to be involved there in some way. What he says actually has corresponding evidence on the music. For example that bit about the scratch beats and break beats. That's deinitely got to be NO REMORSE.
Considering that Ketsui Extra has a more coherent soundscape throughout all of the tracks than DOJ, it would be possible to think that Kudo did most, if not all, was done by primarly Kudo (with maybe some uncited help). Too bad this interview is probably going to be the most official confirmation we're ever gonna get :\

In anyway, thanks for bringing this up.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!