View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:38 AM

bare knuckle 1 or the series overall?

anyway the sor 1 and 2 tracks are NOT from the genesis. rather, they're "pc-8801 sound versions" according to the disk. i'm not sure remastered is the best term here. Forgive my lack of any formal music teaching but many of the tracks simply sound different (compared to vgz).

sor 1

fighting in the street sounds "dirtier" than the crisp vgz. I wouldn't call one better than the other, i think it comes down how you prefer your drums.

violent breathing - this track has a kind of static throughout the song that can be annoying if you listen the (comparatively) cleaner vgz.

sor 2
Spin on the bridge for example, has a slightly different melody for one of the instruments (high hat?)

the version of go straight used is the beatmix (the one in the sound test not used in game)

sor 3

this one is from the mega drive. I'll admit i'm not as familiar with this one, but i hear no differences.

I don't the know site's policy on samples, but if i can provide some the differences will be immediately noticeable.

i listened to a few tracks from each cd to provide a brief analysis for you. If i can help some other way just lemme know.