View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
The change was also retroactive, so it decreased overall tracklist edit count, but it was for approved edits only, I remember I messed up some track names for Arrietty OST (when I was a normal user), some 13 tracks to be exact, and the edits were rightfully rejected, but the new count system hasn't changed those 13 to 1 (by the tracks -> tracklist logic), so number of rejected submissions stayed the same
Bah, that's kinda unfair! But also, I feel your pain, man. I made a change to the English tracklist on the Zelda Wind Waker soundtrack way back when I didn't know anything about what "literal" / "localized" translations were, and didn't have any understanding of Japanese at all. I made an edit (instead of submitting it) on the tracklist back then, so I got myself over 100 rejected edits <_<. What's worse is they decided to use it anyway. Oh well. Today, I guess we would: approve the edits, submit it as a new tracklist instead, and simply manually revert the changes on the default tracklist.