View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:35 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
I'm aware a lot of the individual track credits are coming from official sources, but I'd like to compile a list of these sources for reference. Can anybody help point me in the right direction? I know Chiptuned Rockman is one of them. Any others?
Other than Chiptuned and what was written in the last few posts, I can't offer much else. There are, however, two doujin albums that appear to have official links, but I don't trust them at all.
http://vgmdb.net/album/4611 ---> It claims Yoshihiro did Stage Select and Metalman for MM2
http://vgmdb.net/album/4610 ---->It claims Yoshihiro did Flashman [I actually agree with this one]

From Chiptuned and the like, I made these assumptions: (NOTE: Bold tracks names = confirmed)
Rockman:

If it has an upper inflection (direction), it's Manami (ex. Stage Select, Game Start, Cutman, Iceman, Fireman, Elecman, Dr. Wily Stage 1, Dr. Wily Stage Boss, All Stage Clear, Ending)

If it's generally lower, it's Yoshihiro (ex. Gutsman, Bombman, Boss, Stage Clear, Dr. Wily Stage 2, Game Over)

Rockman 2:

If it sounds awesome and otherwise full of energy (not stale) *Also contains "boop" melody that indirectly serves as a calling card* it's Takashi
(ex. Opening, Title, Pass Word, Stage Select, Game Start, Airman, Bubbleman, Crashman, Woodman, Stage Clear, Get a Weapon, Dr. Wily UFO SE, Dr. Wily Stage Map, Dr. Wily Stage 1, Dr. Wily Stage 2, Last Stage, Boss, Clear Demo, All Stage Clear, Staff Roll, Game Over)

Woodman contains melody used in Get a Weapon-->Staff Roll--->Title; similar to Boss-->Stage Clear-->All Stage Clear; sounds similar to Dr. Wily Stage Map--->Dr. Wily UFO SE leads into it; Woodman also contains bit also heard in Opening--->Opening contains bit also heard during Clear Demo (When Wily's Alien Machine shuts down)--->Last Stage because it's used in the same stage as Clear Demo.

**I also believe that all 7 of the tunes in Rockman 9 that came from Rockman 2 (Menu [Pass Word], Game Start, Stage Clear, Get a Weapon, Dr. Wily UFO SE, Dr. Wily Stage Map, Game Over) are done by Takashi Tateishi, as most contain said "boops" or otherwise flow into the others (UFO SE into Stage Map, just like Opening into Title for Rockman 2) and also because it was easier for Inti Creates to deal with the negotiations for one composer's work than all three of them.**

Yoshihiro and Manami, I assume, are the same as above, so it's easier to attribute Yoshihiro to Quickman and Flashman, but I think Manami - if not then Takashi - does Metalman, which is why I doubt the almighty doujin.

Manami: (ex. Metalman, Heatman, Ending)--->Ending has instruments that are also seen in Wily Stage 1 from Rockman 1 and a melody akin to Ending from that game's ending.

Yoshihiro: (ex. Quickman, Flashman)

Rockman 4:

If it's loud and full of energy (and more snare drums), it's Minae
(ex. Opening 1, Opening 2, Title, Pass Word, Stage Select, Game Start, Pass Word, Brightman, Drillman, Pharaohman, Diveman, Skullman, Boss, Stage Clear, Get a Weapon, Dr. Wily Stage Map, Dr. Wily Stage 1, Dr. Wily Stage 2, Last Boss, All Stage Clear, Staff Roll, Game Over, Get Items)

Like Rockman 3, if it has a lower inflection (direction) and has a more serious tone, it's Yasuaki (ex. Toadman, Ringman, Dustman, Dr. Cossack Stage Map, Dr. Cossack Stage 1, Dr. Cossack Stage 2, Ending)

EDIT(02/11): According to this album (http://vgmdb.net/album/1780), Ogeretsu Kun (Takashi Tateishi), credited there as "Ogeretu" Kun, arranged the Rockman 2 Arrange Version track. This includes Heat Man, Metal Man, Dr. Wily Stage 2, Crash Man, All Stage Clear, and Title. I'd have to agree with the last three more than the other three.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM.