View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:31 PM

So I've listened to this CD 3 times now, and it's unimaginable to me how it has over a 4.0 rating. This CD is shit. It is probably one of the few CDs that can achieve a faker and shittier sound than an SNES sound chip despite having used equipment a decade older than it. The entirety of Dancing Mad sounds significantly worse than the original, which is just inexcusable. That bell was such a joke man... it didn't even ring. It cut in and out of ringing until it was done. A 16-bit bell rings better than the bell on this CD. And the keys are something you wouldn't even want to hear out of the worst 80s pop-rock or disco song ever, let alone in something that's supposed to be heavy rock. The solos weren't very interesting either. Tsuyoshi Sekito and Kenichiro Fukui are talented composers, but god, they have no fucking clue what they're doing when it comes to making an actual heavy rock song. So many phrases sounded extremely gimmicky, didn't belong, and weren't even played well in their own right. The ending of J-E-N-O-V-A is Fukui basically saying IF I PRESS RANDOM KEYS REALLY QUICKLY, I'LL BE JAMMIN and the fact that it's 6 minutes long is ridiculous considering it only stays interesting for 4 minutes at the VERY most.

Anyway bitchrant done I guess, this CD sucks, glad I decided to buy something else in its place. The only points I'm giving this CD is the points that the original music gets for being good, even if it was butchered.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 31, 2011 at 06:34 PM.