View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:51 PM

I think that album may be a fake, http://www.originalsoundversion.com/...ead-interview/

According to the sound director
"OSV: What role does music play in Dead Space? We’ve been told that composer Rod Abernethy composed some music for the game, but in all the demos I’ve seen, I hear mainly grotesque sounds from the creatures and environments and not so much in terms of traditional music.
Veca: The music credits read “Music Composed and Conducted by Jason Graves in Association With Rod Abernethy.” Early on, Rod helped out logistically and was involved in our initial brainstorming, but Jason actually composed, conducted, and arranged all the music. But once again, we didn’t set out to compose a traditional music score; we were going for textures and mood. In the final carnation of the game, the music plays a huge role in the overall soundscape; it’s the drama behind everything. It’s sometimes very subtle, but can at a moment’s notice move seamlessly into a blaring dissonant cacophony, supporting the action and drama of the game play."