View Single Post
Old May 2, 2013, 10:13 AM
VGMdb Staff

I don't fully understand this entry - Gamechops is a publisher, doing the same stuff (to some extent - licensing etc.) as Joypad. GC logo is on the cover. GC published this. So Joypad comes in and... is it some kind of joint publishing? Yea don't understand what's the real deal here (or maybe I got everything wrong from the start on 'who's who' part)

btw this edit 'Joypad Records / GameChops' according to our pattern implies Joypad is an imprint of Gamechops, this wasn't the real intention I assume?
If it was meant to show two publishers it should be 'Joypad Records, GameChops'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
Bandcamp is a store front. No different than CD Japan, CD Baby, iTunes, etc. I think anything released on Bandcamp needs to have the label as the publisher and Bandcamp as the purchase link on the right. Anything that doesn't have an associated label can be "self-published" and still have a sale link to Bandcamp.
Well no doubt Bandcamp is always a distributor, it's been like that for every vgmdb entry, a vast majority of releases where Bandcamp is the only distributor we have
'Published by [insert artist name here] (distributed by Bandcamp)' aka self-published, so that's all good.

Last edited by Efendija; May 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM.