View Single Post
Old May 13, 2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Then you have the taped-on-case obis which are even worse than the glued on ones since you are now forever stuck with a piece of tape on both sides on the obi. I guess second-hand shops do these kind of things to make the obi stay on when it's displayed. I thankfully only have a few taped ones, but a whole bunch of the more common glued variety (and of course a bunch of the corner-cut ones too because why not).
That strip is industrialy sticked on that release. Usually, these strips are only covering a 10 mm part of the border of the case, that's why they are sticked, since there is no more surface which can be used to pinch them under the flipping mecanisme.

I guess if 2nd hand shops wants to make the OBI stay on when displayed they better would add a plastic wrap, it's more convenient than spending time to glue it (if you observe it closely, the tape is perfectly glued, it's not a hand job).

There are also OBIs which have the same size but aren't sticked, those have an extra strip separated by small cutted-lines which pinches under the flipping mecanisme, like this one :
https://vgmdb.net/album/37495

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Well, then check your collection for reg. cards and send them over to me for a penny's worth of shipping and I'll give them a good home
Yeah, pls also send some to me

Last edited by erzane; May 14, 2021 at 12:47 AM.