View Single Post
Old Feb 29, 2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
I will hopefully have the results on my website in a week or so.
One week?! More like one month. I painstakingly went through the S.S.H. files with a fine-tooth comb (and decided to rerip my S.S.H. albums into .flac because why not) as well as attempt to put some order into the mp3 tags and file names (I'm still convinced Tag&Rename is the best music file tag tool in the market), and I am now finally satisfied with the results. You can call this result an SSHdb of sorts. See for yourself: click here.

I was hoping to present the information nicely in tables or something and giving myself blank space to comment on the songs but I don't really know how to do it (or how to do it neatly) so for now, I will have to make do with a quick and easy copy/paste. I haven't gone through the text files in full detail yet. I just briefly perused it but can confirm there can be useful or interesting information in there (e.g. you don't have to go through the trouble of figuring out which band/song he is referencing in the intro of a particular song, he'll outright state it in the liner notes).

Anyway, the most important thing as far as I'm concerned, is that now that we actually have a database of S.S.H.'s works, I would like to announce the commencement of the (albeit 10 years too late) search for the missing S.S.H. songs. If you have any info that might help, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
Can his next album "Click & Metal" live up to expectations? Stay tuned.
Now that I got myself a copy of the album, I'm going to sound like a broken record again: 5 out of 5. This one I think is more consistently good. While for the Forgotten Ruins album I would focus on listening to 1 or 2 (or 3) tracks, I don't really have a clear favourite track in Click & Metal, I just listen to it from start to finish than back again.

Then there's the 恋姫†演武 (Koihime Enbu) soundtrack which I don't have yet but had a taste of. The new intro theme is great, and the remixed ending theme beats the pants of the previous game's (which was good too to be fair). Then the meat of the soundtrack: the theme songs for the three new characters. "Horse girl with spear" theme is probably the crowd favourite with the well polished "begin with keyboard/synth then bring in the main guitar about the halfway point" formula. "Fist fighting girl with tail" theme is a straightforward no-nonsense rockin' guitar affair like "Throne Room" theme from the previous game. I'm loving all of the tracks I just mentioned so far, but the one that turned out to be my favourite is the "Ninja girl" theme. I think it's that awesome riff right at the beginning that I love so much. Not surprisingly and naturally, this song has a Japanese feel to it which I also personally like (saying this as a Baiken theme song from Guilty Gear fan). Oh and fun fact: the sound/audio effects for the game is none other than kt2.

I'll be back in this thread tomorrow but for now, I must back up my stuff lest all my hard work be gone from an unlucky crash or similar.

Cheerio.

Last edited by layzee; Feb 29, 2016 at 09:43 AM.