View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2019, 07:05 AM

My current CD player doesn't even play the noise track, he just skips this automatically no matter what I'm doing, which is great, as the disc plays exactly like a regular CD.

I think this Redbook Audio discs are a great and interesting thing, chance is that the games and their consoles are kind of forgotten (or you don't play the game because of lots of japanese screen text or whatnot) and when it's a PC-game there's also the usual compability problems of modern PC hardware - but even with all these issues, at least for game music fans these discs are kind of valuable because you can just put them on a regular CD player and enjoy the music.

Besides, thanks to the fact that in many cases almost the whole soundtrack is on the game disc anyway, that music never got "regular" soundtrack releases - there was no point. If you owned the game, why would you want to pay money for a regular CD with pretty much the same content again?
I'd say there are reasons why "Sonic CD" only had a Arrange CD back in the days or why the soundtrack for "Rondo of Blood" was released before the game came out, paired up with the soundtrack to "Bloodlines" and whatnot.