View Single Post
Old May 24, 2018, 02:21 AM

If over 1000 People donated over 80000 Dollars for a Turrican II orchestral album and 90000 Dollars for Turrican: Orchestral Selections, it is possible (amazingly the last album has music arranged by Yuzo Koshiro)
Their presentation and reward system, especially for high-tier backers, seems to have worked very well.
I think for Final Fantasy, Ivalice and Zelda we can get more people than that, we have a chance

I also second including FF Tactics Advance and especially A2 into an "Ivalice series".
Other possibilities could be "Sega Series", "Nintendo Series" etc. It might be much easier to include obscure/less popular titles if they are part of a symphonic album series.

I don't know how difficult it is but it might be another good idea to get the original composers involved to say a few words or two about the project.
Or even get the original illustrators like Akihiko Yoshida or Yoshitaka Amano on board to draw/sketch/illustrate something for the album or even on the album if laws permit it.
Some collectors might be happily donating more if they can get more art from the original artists.

It might also be a good idea to get in contact with Thomas Böcker (interview here), who is the producer of Final Symphony and hosts the website Spielemusikkonzerte (Game Music concerts).
He would embrace the idea I think and might give it publicity (unless something I'm not aware of makes it not possible), other classical musicians like Benyamin Nuss and others would be also supportive of the idea.

In Japan there's Project 2083 who report all things (orchestral) game music and have a relativly large following on social media.

In sweden there's also the SCORE Game Music project that is very successful. If the words get out to other similar places I imagine they would be down to promote it or even perform pieces/movements from the symphonic albums if laws and copyright permit it.

At least a thousand people for Nintendo titles like Star Fox, Sega titles like Valkyria Chronicles (might be a good idea to start that when Valkyria Chronicles 4 releases in the west in october) or even VanillaWare titles are achievable to me. It all depends how many people know about it, there should be enough interest worldwide (and specifically in Europe and Japan) to make it possible.

Last edited by VIN; May 24, 2018 at 05:36 AM.