View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:29 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Pan View Post
stuff like using the aspi interface instead of the native win32, and other recommendations as well, but it still was the same.
Uhmm, that's not really a good recommendation. The ASP(I) interface and it's implementation has some serious flaws, so the best thing is to use SPTI (the native interface) if it's available. And it should be, at least on NT-based Windows systems (Win2K, WinXP, Vista, etc.)

Quote:
Aynway, I honestly don't know how, but late last night I was able to rip track 23, 100% error free, so I don't really know what's the matter but my supposition of my copy being messed up, even though it's scratch free, and a 100% clean, I'm a freak about keeping my CDs as clean as new.
Hmm, starts to sound like a system instability problem to me. Is this LG drive a PATA or SATA one? Maybe check the cabling or stuff. It's pretty weird when you can rip the disc one day and the next it fails (or vice versa). It should at least be reproducable... I mean, bad sectors don't go away overnight...

Quote:
I don't really know about those Accurate Rip logs, codes and stuff, but if anyone happens to know when this CD's gets up, please let me know so I can compare.
The explanation on HydrogenAudio is quite good:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=AccurateRip

The CDDA (compact disc digital audio) is essentially a very bad way of accurately storing music. It has some big flaws which make it very hard to extract the data that was written to the media. Compared to a data CD it has very little error correction (and detection) code and also the offset problem, that EAC tries to handle (the question here is: where does the music begin, not all drives start extracting at the same position).

AccuRip is a nice way to "cure" these issues.