View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Standardizing the inclusion of names in artist albums (e.g., Hoshizora no Sakamichi / Haruka Shimotsuki)
I like this (though I think it should be in the form of '[artist] / [album]'.)

Quote:
  • Standardizing the separator for multi-line titles (~, -, EM DASH?)
  • Should subtitles be split out into a separate field?
  • Should fan translations be allowed for certain titles (e.g., Mamoru Has Been Cursed!)
Agreeing with seanne on all accounts.

Quote:
Inclusion of Japanese titles on albums whose title is already in English
Seems unnecessary, the Japanese (from what I've seen) have little problem with English titles. But what about cases like ALiCE'S EMOTiON albums where he provides a katakana title, should that still be added as an extra title? I personally feel it's unnecessary because like I said the Japanese use the English title (or the English title in conjunction with the katakana title.)

Quote:
Standardize on Romanized or Western game titles in the Display Title for the album
I think if there's an official translation it should be used in most cases.

Other thoughts...
A large pet peeve of mine regarding titles is stuff like "X Y Z album '[name here]'". I think the display title should be well, the 'name' of the album and that the name prefixed with whatever the album is supposed to be of (usually stuff like 'X arrange album' or 'X compilation', or 'super hyper something') should be an alternate. Few seem to agree with this, however.

I also prefer using artist's sites as a source for the correct title OVER how it's printed on the jacket, as the typography used on the jacket isn't always correct (such as this for instance.) This statement however contradicts my earlier one not wanting to use the katakana title of ALiCE'S EMOTiON albums because he often prints the title in the form of 'Lycoris -リコリス-' online. I just can't win can I?