View Single Post
Old May 11, 2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Just because it was produced by a Japanese animation company doesn't mean they used a Japanese style, and actually if you ask me there is a night and day difference between what I consider Anime and what I consider cartoons.

It's pretty easy to put a ruleset up actually, if it looks like a cartoon don't submit it..

vs

Oh you're right it's so similar, I'm having trouble figuring out which one should be considered Anime.
Keep it down for a second, please..

Most of these series were joint- or commissions projects. And yes, Wickie can be considered as a Anime according the ANN Database Entry.

And just for history lessons, the very first anime and mangas were not on the standards of today:

Let's go back to the topic. I really think it would hurt if we add wordwide animation soundtracks to the db. In my eyes some of you are just to ignorant and nitpicking about it. Actually I can use the same gretchen-question for the doujin albums, and argue with the point that american doujin albums are not real authentic japanese ones and should be banned from VGMdb. And the first ones should be the TheOneUps. ;>

I think you know what I'm try to point out, or?