View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:08 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Ellipsis would be cool. (I'd prefer only performer units collapsed by default, since usually they have many members).
Some visual help (font/color) would be nice too.

May I say, managing artist is becoming a bit confusing, now that unlinked artists can be also linked to units. I think the "assigned" and "linked" sections would be easier to understand if they were fused together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I know it's just at the alpha stage, but if we go with "Group (Artist, Artist...)", we should assign the group alone by manually removing "(Artist," and uncheck "APPLY" box for everybody else. On a practical level, I think perhaps the most efficient way is to assign the text with no bracket first, and after the artists are linked, insert brackets into the text data. Any better way?
What I do, I first add without brackets, assign, then reedit to add brackets. Or if there are artists linked, I manually link the new ones + reorder a bit (swapping their IDs), then edit to add brackets.

But I believe the composer text box is used only in advanced searchs. So maybe we could relax the bracket syncing a bit? (ie.- not used)

And thanks for the all the hard work, Blah and SS.