View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I somehow managed to hold off listening to Return to Dream Land's music until I played the game, which was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life because the soundtrack is fantastic holy crapppppppppppp. As good as Sakai and Ikegami are, I'm so glad to have Ishikawa and Ando back in the saddle, taking stylistic cues from pretty much every other Kirby soundtrack. Even a little Smash in there too (finally fought that boss Lunar, so good).

I need to gush somewhere because I finished world five last night and the new themes for that area are all orgasmic. Best map theme, probably my favorite original stage theme so far, an Epic Yarn-influenced Grape Gardens arrangement that just socks you in the face when you start that level, a brutal boss theme, and a super ability arrangement that's something else (dem distorted synths). Man I just want to replay this entire world.

I can't wait to get really angry a month or two from now when it sinks in that there will never be a soundtrack release for this.