View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I was a bit flippant in that last post – we got the Super Star remake, after all! – but I try not to get too optimistic about Nintendo soundtrack releases. I'm satisfied by rips and sound tests, since 99% of the time I'm not listening to a CD in a player anyway, but I like being able to throw money at things I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
the main benefit of a soundtrack for me would be official track credits, but fortunately it seems hugely obvious to me who wrote what. i'm almost certain all of what you linked are ando's work except the map theme, for instance.
As much as I love 'em, I don't really feel qualified to differentiate between Ishikawa and Ando. But based on what I think I know, I don't disagree with your picks. Ishikawa for the map theme (has that wistfulness of KDL3) and Ando for the castle theme (pure KA) and boss theme (Smash) I'm preeeeeeetty sure about, and the other two are toss-ups for me. Whoever arranged Grape Gardens for sure also arranged Butter Building for Epic Yarn, and both of those originals are from Adventure so Ando's attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
i would link some favourites of mine, but there's just too many... plus it's too much effort when the youtube song titles don't correspond with my rip.
And another benefit of soundtrack releases: canonical track titles!