View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
I'm glad, laughter is healthy

I didn't want to mention scans but yeah... If you think about it, we weren't "safe" from the moment first scan was uploaded. And what about unofficial translations of tracklists (for the cases when official one doesn't exist of course)? Are we even allowed to do that, also legally speaking? Everything is part of the copyrighted intelectual property, title included. And we definitely weren't authorized to translate it.

So in a way, we're screwed And now lyrics should become OK too? Interesting.
I didn't mean to sound offensive, I offer my apologies if I came off like that, it's just that... I find the whole thing absurd. This website is already doing so much stuff which would be infringing of third parties' copyrights, for the sake of fair use. Bringing up copyright as the reason one thing isn't "officially" represented here contradicts part of "your" (intended as VGMdb's) actions.
Plus, it is my understanding that up until now the Staff decided to take "we deal with such issues if and when they show up" approach.

I agree that things would become "messy" if lyrics were to be displayed on the album's page, but I recall messages stating that Staff wasn't really sure about having such stuff even in the threads. I just don't understand what kind of reasoning is having one thing "OK", and the other a "NOPE". It's not like we'd be sharing digital copies of the albums, I've seen the presence of scans here "defended" with the motivation: it isn't really hurting sales, like a share of digital encodes would do.
Same could be said for lyrics?
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Sep 8, 2013 at 01:56 AM.