View Single Post
Old May 2, 2020, 02:08 PM

So following SS advise i am here to point some....Points. xD

I recently added a Live action soundtrack by Naoki Sato, and soon after I added the main theme single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Can you explain why the Oppai Volleyball singles should be here using the new broader scope outlined here:

https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22321

I think Oppai Volleyball is Category 3 for Naoki Sato's discography rather than a spinoff of a game or anime, but Naoki Sato didn't have anything to do with the singles. I also couldn't find any Category 1 BGM credits for any of the artists.
To which I reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
Actually it was more about the artists in the single which are already related to anime, both of them. And adding their unit group CaoCao, would be a more info on both.

Second reason would be, and i thought it was okay :/ , was adding the single main theme as it was not released with the soundtrack. :/

my purpose was gathering that info in here, since ... they are already here. why not?
it took me some days, to find anything about who the hell CaoCao was , but they only existed for this single
Now, we are all aware the fact that it started to be a Game Music database, which got wider on its scope. And has always been having some conflicting issues, even when you are going by the guidelines, but someone decides, "Nah! Forbidden."
Years ago, I started to build Ichirou Nitta database here, and when I got to live action stuff i was denied, even when the guidelines was "related to game, anime or manga". It was related to the manga, so i was denied just because someone felt like saying "NO". Which lead to shut my mouth back then, when saw people doing the same as me, live action soundtrack entries based on a manga, and those were allowed. Like it or not, I call that favoritism.
Same happened again, just for example, Kenji Kawai, and a sentai soundtrack or Yasuharu Takanashi. "Sentai? Good God! NO!"
And again.... certain users were adding Sentai in here, and were allowed. Again... favoritism?
Look at this place now? Sentai Everywhere.
even Disney Animated Movies is everywhere... hell. Even just movies!

Quote:
Category 4 - Forbidden Albums
Mainstream western film/tv soundtracks.
  • Same here.
Explain me that, then?

On my point of view, for example, Kenji Kawai. Adding live action soundtracks here, gathering info you don't find correct at most places, keep it all in one place. Since I am a member here, I have been adding things to build some composers list of entries, and gather rare/hard/difficult info stuff you don't find anywhere. Some I really had to buy the cds/vinils to get those infos. ALWAYS... going by the guidelines.

But I digress....
Now let me give another example.
Imagine I am just a normal person that checks this website a lot. And I see "Oppai volleyball" soundtrack really exists. I am happy, and I buy it. But then I notice the vocal main theme is missing on the soundtrack. So, was that released or not?
(Believe me, it took a lot to find the correct thing, because "cao cao" is also a feudal chinese lord name.)
Although as SS said:
Quote:
We aren't a general Japanese movie soundtrack database, so we don't need to complete "Opai Volleyball". It's only in there for Naoki Sato.
With all due respect, I think we are. Specific on the composers here, or anime/manga related, but still, we are already a Japanese movie soundtrack database.

So..... if the single for this movie (Oppai) is disregarded, even though those artist names have their own entries here, what reason can you point for a "NO"?

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 2, 2020 at 02:11 PM.