View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_miker View Post
The booklet lists the composers for each game!
Hey, so I just realized that this is not strictly true. The booklet lists the games worked on by each commentator. Kind of a pedantic difference, but it means that making a game-composer breakdown based on that could be incomplete. If any of those games had a co-composer who has not interviewed for the booklet, they'd be left out.

This is not as farfetched as it may sound: Motohiro Kawashima didn't contribute to the liner notes of the Shinobi collection. If we only went by the booklet and didn't have the game credits, he would've gone uncredited for The GG Shinobi II.

And a few extra things while I'm here and looking at the booklet:

My deduction that Tohru Nakabayashi is "Dolphin" was based on two things:
  1. This album says Nakabayashi was solely responsible for Golden Axe's music.
  2. "Dolphin" solely wrote Golden Axe's music.
So #1 could potentially not be true, and as Golden Axe does not have end credits, #2 is potentially not true. The liner notes of Mega Selection II say that "Wilderness" is "Dolphin's" piece, but nothing about the rest of the soundtrack I don't think. G.S.M. SEGA 3 only has commentary on the arranged tracks, so that's it I could find on the matter.

Naofumi Hataya talks about GA3's sound team and mentions four people: (Tatsuyuki) Maeda, 小黒 (I don't know any Sega sound guy named Oguro), (Tomonori) Sawada, and himself. If all four of those are the sound guys, then that's great because the game also lists four people for "music and sound effect": N.H, Ryunosuke, Lotty, and T.S. (If they're the same: N.H = Hataya; T.S surely Sawada and not Maeda as incorrectly spread by kyubi, seriously why did Maeda have to be T.S and not one of the other two, you and your damn assumptions)

Tomoyuki Kawamura mentions Wing War, so if he did in fact work on it, he may be the "MUU" on this soundtrack: http://vgmdb.net/album/4334. That'd be nice, because the name of his (freelance?) studio is Studio MUU2.