View Single Post
Old May 3, 2020, 02:26 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
SNow, we are all aware the fact that it started to be a Game Music database, which got wider on its scope. And has always been having some conflicting issues, even when you are going by the guidelines, but someone decides, "Nah! Forbidden."
Years ago, I started to build Ichirou Nitta database here, and when I got to live action stuff i was denied, even when the guidelines was "related to game, anime or manga". It was related to the manga, so i was denied just because someone felt like saying "NO". Which lead to shut my mouth back then, when saw people doing the same as me, live action soundtrack entries based on a manga, and those were allowed. Like it or not, I call that favoritism.
Same happened again, just for example, Kenji Kawai, and a sentai soundtrack or Yasuharu Takanashi. "Sentai? Good God! NO!"
And again.... certain users were adding Sentai in here, and were allowed. Again... favoritism?
Look at this place now? Sentai Everywhere.
even Disney Animated Movies is everywhere... hell. Even just movies!
Like you point out yourself, the current situation if a chaotic one. Everyone adds what he thinks suits the "character" of the DB, which is, due to missing (clear!) guidelines, a very subjective thing. And it's for that reason that we need this formalization of rules here.

What we don't need is now people coming here, and saying: But hey, we've been doing it like this forever, why should we stop now?

Once the formalization is accepted, and I guess it's the admins that decide this, it's valid and everyone has to adhere to it for all newly submitted albums.