View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post

2-15 紡がれし時代 ... I just gave up and went romaji on everything except the Era kanji. "Tsumugareshi Era" is how it reads right now. As best as I can understand it, "Tsumu" kanji means to spin (as in spinning or thread used for weaving), and the "gare" hiragana inflects the verb into a past/passive, so we'd move from "Spin" to "Spun." But then "shi"? No idea what to do with that. I've never seen "gareshi" thrown together as one giant verb modifier. Anyone know what to do about it?
tsumugareshi is classical past form, in that case for the verb tsumugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
2-16 ~ 2-19 -- can someone confirm that our hero boy victory song is about someone named "Robin"? Is there any indication on any of S-E's materials that that's how they romanize this character's name? It could be "Robyn" or something silly like "Lobin." Would just like a check on this one. Also, hope everyone is alright with Izayuke = "Let's Go!" I know that Ikoze! is the more common phrase for that translation. But it's a generic shout/cheer to pump up your hero figure in anime, I think it all basically comes down to "All Right let's do this here thing woo!" So I think "Let's Go!" is as good as anything...

iirc, there is an R on his "zorro" bandana