View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:21 AM

Dancey, I don't mean any offense when I say this (really, not trying to flame you), but your entire argument is bullshit.

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=44958

The first track on that CD is literally

perfect dark zero™ - title 0:49

right? Because it has a ™ symbol AND 0:49 written as part of the track title - like you said in the very beginning of your post, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
It doesn't matter what it describes, whether it's the song or a location or the temperature when the song was composed in Nagasaki. If it's written as part of the track title, it's part of the track title.
What are you going to argue now? "Oh no, well THAT'S different, THAT'S obviously not part of the title." The problem with that is that now you're already beating your own argument because you're arbitrarily removing something as well. Like you said, we add it even if it's the temperature when the song was created. 0:49 is written as part of the track title, doesn't even have parentheses to separate it. It's clearly part of the track title.

Your "naming canon" is as arbitrary as anyone else's dude.

However I'm totally ready to start renaming that tracklist right now if that's what we agree on. Come on, let's do it. Let's add EVERYTHING to a track title because the booklet wrote it that way and THAT'S CANON. I'm game.

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM.