View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:27 AM

I'm in a chat with Jake and some friends of his, and they brought up his inclusion (or lack thereof) in the RotN soundtrack. The story is that they initially contacted him about it, he asked them to get back to him when it was time for him to contribute something, they never did, and he was too busy with other projects to get back to them. So yeah, doesn't rule out the possibility of future DLC, but the base game doesn't have any music by Jake.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else think some of the instruments sound a little out of tune in some of Michiru Yamane's tracks? There's something about them that sounds just a little bit off to me and it's enough to make me cringe when I hear it. I don't notice it in any of the other composers' tracks, save for Ippo Yamada's, but he's got all sorts of crazy atonal stuff going on with the strings in the background so I'm pretty sure that one's intentional.

Also, crazy thing, I was running some of the music through a spectrogram to try to get a visual look at what I was hearing with that detuning, and I noticed some tracks seem to use standard A=440Hz tuning, while others use A=432Hz tuning. Dominique's Theme is one of the A=432 tracks, which sucks because the quest complete jingle is tuned to A=440, and that clash in tuning is so uncomfortable to listen to that I never want to feed that old lady again. If you didn't notice any of this, or simply aren't bothered by it, I envy you.