View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2014, 05:04 PM

Hey, "Nekorush Theme" is surprisingly good! I wasn't expecting to hear something that sounded so polished and authentic. I've listened to it several times now. I think adding extra melody into the sections where it repeats a bunch is the only suggestion I have with that piece. Well, maybe turn up the drums a couple decibels (although it'd actually be better to turn everything but the drums down to have better dynamic range), but strong drums are just a personal preference of mine.

If you intend to write game music with those "retro" kind of sounds then you already have a perfectly good basis for that. If you wanted to get into doing synth orchestral stuff, buying sample libraries for that can cost a good chunk of cash. Two major ones are East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and Vienna Strings, but most pros have access to numerous libraries.

Your other recordings with guitar have a kind of muffled sound quality. How are you recording it? A lot of people are into metal-styled game music but I don't think that tone is suitable for anything on a finished piece of music unless it's buried in the background of the mix.

What do you mean about advice on VGM conventions and culture? What, like popular examples of game music amongst the community and such?

Last edited by _if; Feb 1, 2014 at 04:55 AM.