View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:20 AM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
I disagree about niche markets, if game/anime music would have bigger community behind them, we would get more soundtracks released in US/EU too, instead of having to import the stuff.
It all depends on your perspective, I suppose. It's good if you can be one of the few providers for the demand. The fan base itself really has the most to suffer from the dearth of material, but I am just saying that it's not necessarily a lose/lose scenario all the time depending on how you look at it.

But it's not just VGM music that suffers. Heck, it seems that to get anything decent these days, I have to import it. Take a lot of my favorite jazz CD's from the past few years. I can't get them in the U.S. , even though in theory it would make most sense for these to be manufactured and distributed here.

As strange as it seems, these too have also been manufactured and distributed for sale in Japan...rather funny and frustrating at the same time seeing Brazillian bands featuring Japanese script on the the covers.