View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the kind words. gmronline.com now redirects to gmronline.vgmdb.net. It took a while for my registrar to make the change. Thanks to vgmdb.net for hosting the archive.

Since I haven't had any time to maintain the site or monitor user submissions for the past few years, and since vgmdb.net is now really good, it made the most sense to me to encourage people to keep updating only one database: vgmdb.net. When I made GMR user-updateable I was hopeful that that would allow the site to keep going and stay current, which it did, and was awesome. I think I may have even pre-dated the public launch of wikipedia for a user-updateable database of sorts. I guess I should have filed a patent application for it. Oops.

GMR could only ever get so good with just me editing it and it really became a great resource because of the contributions of so many people. Thank you to everyone who made it what it is, and consequently made vgmdb.net what it is. If nothing else, I think we've gotten at least a few people to appreciate the difference between real vgm albums and bootlegs. If nothing else, that's pretty cool.