View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:09 AM

I think other members could elaborate it better and can give you a constructive suggestion, so I'll just talk about this particular problem. In my understanding, regardless of how many releases are related to one album, we have to add and assign only one product name and then specify the releases. That's reasonable, but at the same time, I think it could be confusing in some case.

For instance, this album is a soundtrack for a PSP remade game Tacics Ogre: Unmei no Wa, which was originally released as Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for SNES in the world, yet the remake was released under Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together outside of Japan. More complicated is this album also contains some tracks from the original SNES game. So the least misleading album page could be like below;

I know, with the platforms selected (SNES and PSP), users could barely figure out these mess, but I don't expect much from the platform field especially if multiple consoles and system are selected. The remake FFVI page also depends on the platform field so strongly, and if a bunch of platforms are selected, we can no longer figure out it's the remake, even after clicking the name and visit the product page.

All that being said, sorry if I'm missing something and we're just at the alpha stage and this issue will be later solved by an ongoing development.