View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
I discovered some time ago that Song of Nephilim uses a fairly popular vocal sample or imitates one, i wouldn't have thought that this work is not all original.
The sample may not be unique, but he uses it in a wonderfully unique way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro
@BahamutZ
My opinion is quite the opposite, this album was the first i heard by Mitsuda, back in 2002 when i played the game, and i still think this album is a symphonic masterpiece. Best tracks: Battle's End, U-TIC Facility, The Girl Who Closed Her Heart, KOS-MOS, Ormus, Song of Nephilim, The Miracle.
Then i got interested in Mitsuda so i listened to Xenogears but surprisingly i felt it was mostly forgettable.
I got interested in Xenogears because I heard the music first (the opening theme, in fact), and the soundtrack is one of my favorites.

As for Xenosaga, I played through the whole series, and I was definitely disappointed by the staff changes (and the fact that Takahashi didn't get to do half of what he wanted with it).

Particular tracks from this one I like: Prologue, Battle, The Girl Who Closed Her Heart, Ormus, Space Ship Pursuit, Last Battle, and Kokoro.

I thought Xenosaga: The Animation was abominable, and I didn't care for the music, either. I have mixed feelings about Kajiura's Xeno scores (and Hosoe's contribution to II, for that matter). She's nowhere near Mitsuda's level, that's for sure.

I also feel that the release on Mitsuda's Sleigh Bells label is far better in every way except track order than this one.

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jan 28, 2013 at 06:55 PM.