View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:51 AM

Good advice. Something I'll be doing from here on out.

Also, I was thinking:
Until Operation Rainfall, Nintendo had absolutely no plans whatsoever to bring already localized versions of Xenoblade, The Last Story or Pandora's Tower over to America. Not only did the good folks at Oprainfall change the way we petition companies, they made Nintendo - notorious for residing within a bubble - sit up and take notice. Now, not only did we get all three in America (Oprainfall created a place holder pre order on Amazon.com to show Nintendo the demand for these games in a language all businesses understand: dollar$) Xenoblade's Shulk is in the new Smash Bros and has his own Amiibo on the way to boot. (For the purpose of this post please allow me to forego the arguments that Shulk in Smash 4 is akin to Marth in Melee- more relevant in Japan, his country of origin. He was added late to the roster and I personally believe this is an appeal to the core fans and a precursor to Xenoblade's rerelease on New 3DS; and that Amiibos exist largely as cash grabs.)

Speaking of cash Nintendo isn't currently enjoying anything remotely close to the financial success of the DS/Wii era. While they did save enough money during that period to report losses for years to come and still remain afloat, it seems to me that because of this and in light of recent "adaptations" made as a company this is the most open to suggestion they have ever been.

Adjustments may need to be made as there are differences: Most first-party OSTs are only available through Club Nintendo instead of being directly sold; Also, barring the potential for reprints none of these soundtracks officially already exist. Still, can anyone think of an Operation Rainfall-type approach to show Nintendo there is a big enough demand for their back (and forthcoming) catalog of music that regularly releasing it would be beneficial to everyone involved?

Retro Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time voting now open!
http://www.retrogamer.net/blog_post/...e-voting-open/

Last edited by waxattax; Jan 19, 2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Bubble Pop Deluxe: Didn't even mention what Oprainfall did or how. Closing was too presumptuous though the gratitude remains.