View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2011, 05:45 AM

I'd say that adding a portrait that was scanned from a booklet and/or magazine shouldn't be a problem, neither would be those taken from official sources pertaining to the artist, product, companies, and such; I'd consider that "professional". Adding one from a blog, Flickr or one from Twitter or any other social media, as I've stated previously, is personal and should be avoided. A good example of this--professional vs. personal/private--would be Harumi Ueko and Hiroyuki Iwatsuki's profile image, which were taken from Kukeiha Club & Konami Kukeiha Club Best Vol.1 (KICA-7820) and GameSetWatch (interview), and Ayako Saso and Kohta Takahashi's image, which were taken from Flickr and Twitter respectively. However, regarding Flickr, it is often frequented by professional photographers, so their images, I believe, are worth using so long as proper credit is given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
Only you trusted editors can upload those portraits anyway, so not the usage is the problem, defining and then getting the "professional" photos is.
Are you sure? Because I uploaded the five images I mentioned earlier way before becoming an editor. I hope I didn't miss a memo on this...