View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:12 PM

For fun I'll buy a little into the "is piracy right" topic since you seem to be fixated on that, Lucy. I may repeat a couple people here and if I do, well there you go, I agree with you. I know for a fact Zethe buys albums all the time. In fact, he's like me: I spend every single dollar I make (which is not much) on VGM. I could also admit to you here that we download music, but that's inconsequential and I'll tell you why: I've bought albums I've downloaded before. Yep, Shin Onimusha Dawn of Dreams is just one of them I can name. For me, whether or not I can download something is not a reason not to buy it. And honestly, I think Zethe operates in a similar way. I'm pretty sure that Zethe has refused to buy this album simply because it doesn't live up to his expectations as a whole, whether it's the music, artwork... or whatever. It doesn't meet his expectations. So, he's not going to buy it. Whether or not he downloads a digital copy of the music after that is sort of moot because he wasn't going to buy it anyway and therefore no money that was going to come from him has been lost, because no money was going to come from him at all, ever.

I'm not saying piracy is right, but I'm saying that... well, I guess I'm saying that I don't really get your point here. I thought you were arguing that since he didn't buy the album, his opinion is moot. Every time I thwart that argument, you bring up the piracy thing again. But, there's no piracy involved in an album that Zethe was prior inclined to buy because he was never inclined to buy it and it's because of his opinions of the artwork... or whatever else. And those are opinions he has the right to. So, piracy isn't even a factor in this discussion. It's a moot point because it's not a deciding point about whether or not he's buying something, which is not a deciding point about whether or not his opinion of it is valid.

I'm sure you'll post something about piracy again though, as if I never said anything, like a broken record... but I'm just saying, downloading music is not really a reason that people don't buy something. Not everyone. Not me, and I've talked with Zethe about listening to and buying VGM enough to be pretty sure that he feels the same way.