View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich King View Post
If he was selling 100 @ $10 he'd make out better than selling 1 and hoping to get $500 (if he's lucky enough to get someone with that kind of money to burn on a CD, pardon the pun). So I'm going to go with Pepak on that one...for now.
Not to derail this thread, but you're speaking about if he did that. But, you see bootlegs go for hundreds of dollars all the time, right? People selling the next bootleg Star Wars game soundtrack or whatever for $350 or even more. You also know that they sell them easily because they're rare and people think "Oh, man, I can get something that they only printed 5 of!" or blah blah. Yeah, sure, if he was selling 100 at $10 a piece he'd make out better, but this is a bootlegger. He just wants to make a quick buck by spitting out some artwork, stamping on a CD label and calling it a day. He'd have to go through so much trouble to make 100 of them... I highly doubt it. Not to mention, then they're not as rare and he doesn't have something that people will really pay for. Then he only has to make 1 more of the stupid things and presto, he's basically made the same amount of money in the work and cost of 2 CDs and artwork that he'd have made in 100. I think that's the real sales scheme.

And I'm not talking about the bootlegging companies that do everything DigiCube released and such. I'm talking about the guys in the USA selling the American game "soundtracks". Oh, people spend more than $500 on rare game CDs and we know it. That's what this thread is all about. The more expensive, the more likely some fanatic collector is going to buy it.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 7, 2011 at 06:30 PM.