View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
celceta now joins felghana/semo/rpgfan to create the four biggest insults in video game music. felghana's soundtrack--a bunch of completely lifeless background noise--is an insult to that single thing people actually like about ys iii.
I rated the soundtrack he's talking about 5 stars, one of the extremely few soundtracks I've given that highest rating to, and reading that didn't make me feel bad at all. I don't even understand why it would - why would I feel bad about someone else's opinion? It's their opinion. I just simply don't agree with him. Maybe if it were about my personal work, I would think the guy is an ass, but even then, when you create art, you have to expect some negative feedback. I don't understand why people feel bad when they see someone talk shit about something they like, it just means that person doesn't like it. Who cares. If I tell you my favorite movie is The Notebook and you say that movie sucked, then we're different. If I tell you my favorite food is fried chicken and you say that's disgusting, then we're different. It shouldn't be about being hurt, it should just be about listening to different people's opinions and finding that interesting.

One thing I agree on: there should be more positive reviews than negative reviews. Always. If you find yourself giving more negative feedback than positive feedback about a particular field of music, then you're obviously listening to the wrong kind of music and you should seek out stuff you enjoy more. But at the same time review websites should have more positive reviews, I'd actually like to see more negative ones pop up. I respect the opinions of someone who writes negative reviews 1/5 times more than someone who writes negative reviews 1/100 times, because they don't come off as just "liking everything", they come off as having some kind of actual taste. Let's face it, "I like 99% of what I hear" is not real taste. "I like 80% of what I hear" is far more believable.

Prime example: why do we bother to do weighted ratings here at VGMdb? If some guy goes around giving 5 stars to everything, his ratings are worth less as far as the average goes, right? Well, same for the guy going around giving positive reviews to everything. His opinion is legitimately his, but I'm not going to listen to it nearly as honestly as I will the guy who gives an average of 4 stars to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
if we're to add a product entry in this site, should it be a remake (release of YsIV)? Or would it deserve a separate entry?
If this game is remade anything like the way Felghana was remade, then it's an entirely new game, it can hardly be considered a remake. At least, that's how Felghana was, it was absolutely its own game. I know nothing about Celceta though.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Troll much?
Wow, I just noticed this post and realized that you're the same guy that called me a troll when I gave my honest negative opinion about Soukaigi. You just don't have any tolerance for raw honesty at all, do you? You jump to this conclusion way too quickly and you need to chill with the troll shit, any more and I'd think you're the troll, man.

Last edited by Hellacia; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM.