View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I've been working on a Romaji tracklist, but I'm still not sure about some of the titles. I could use some clarification:

1-07,21: O-menya / Matoateya <- is it supposed to have a dash or an apostrophe in front of "ya"? I've seen some sites romanize "お面屋" as "O-men'ya". But "bookshop" (honya) and "department store" (matsuya) for example, aren't spelled that way, so I'm a bit confused...

1-08,13,19: Clock Town X Nichi me <- Is this correct, or is the proper spelling with/without dashes/spaces? Also, maybe it would be better to spell out the numbers instead, for a better presentation? (But that would be less accurate, in my opinion)

1-24: Shūmatsu <- I'm not sure this is correct. This Wiktionary entry says "週末" (first kanji is different) can (also) be pronounced as "Shūmatsu" and means "weekend", which is obviously not the case in the game.

1-38: 宝箱 <- Takarabako or Takarahako? Once again I looked it up on Wiktionary, and the entry for 箱 doesn't list a reading for "bako". But maybe this can change when suffixed? Also, I did quite a few searches on Google, and Takarabako seems to get many more results than Takarahako, so it might be right.

1-48,49: [...大翼...] <- Is "Dai Tsubasa" correct?

2-34: Orgel House <- "オルゴール" accurately translates to Orgel, but in general it's translated to "Music Box". I think, for accuracy, we should actually use "Orgel House".

2-45: Kyojin 4-nin Shūgō <- This really sounds, and looks weird. I'm still a bit unsure about the "4-nin" part, but the rest should be accurate. Once again I think translating the numbers may look better.

Oh and I still think our English translations of 2-43 and 2-44 could be more accurate. "Top" and "Bottom" is better, I think. "Normal" isn't even a proper reading of "表".

Last edited by Nisto; Nov 29, 2011 at 11:18 PM.