View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:59 PM

Though I agree with you about the wedding invitation... everything you said was from the perspective of a child, not an adult... how can you speak for kids man? :P

Quote:
what matters is you getting cross with the parents, saying you're going to go home and take your game to people's parents, when all in all the game wasnt even that fun.
Yeah, okay, I get that. That RemixSite wasn't that good and that Quintin shouldn't be pissed that people didn't do anything to help it build? Oh wait.... sounds more like a sandcastle and not a game. Takes people to build it, no? I don't go to sites based on computer game music in order to "play" as such. I go there, because "playing" will be my job. If I get to write music I know people will love? Its something I live for and I would get to have fun doing it. I don't go to RemixSite because Quintin wants me to. Nor do I go there for the hell of a site. I go there for my own reasons. Which are totally different seemingly to your's, OCR's, even Quintin's. And that's okay.

To argue on your point, this playground does not report to the "parents". We're all adults here (at least mostly, or we try to be) and we talk to eachother in open debate because we're able to deal with the comeback. Quintin had a problem, and I agree, had I been on the opposition, I'd be blanking him, maybe. Depends. If I were him, I'd see things from his perspective. Most likely. Let's not get angry and stupid here. He wants his site to "fit in with the other kids", and yet somehow be unique. Help it, don't hinder it! Right now, this seems very like internet bullying on a scale I've never seen. Quintin shouldn't have brought up this post, but then again, the response has been less than "okay".

So really, it comes down to perspective. If this site fails or not means nothing to me in the long run. But I'd rather see it succeed, since it seem to me that he's doing something honest and something he's passionate about. So far, no other place has given me this opportunity.