View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
I thought the general rule of thumb was the game-related material had to outnumber the original stuff added. Definitely been noticing way too much j-core, or whatever it's called, being added...
Japanese hardcore music (or japanese electronic music in general) has a direct relation to game music, because a huge part of it's history originated from game music itself. Just let western electronic music lovers listen to japanese electronic. They'll most likely say something like: "It sounds like composed with a playstation.", justified.
It's a little bit hard to understand for western gamers, but J-Core has very much weight for the japanese gamer society. Even if an album seems to have no direct relation with game music, you'll often find one while listening close to it. Many passages, samples or tunes come from famous game titles. Now, I could start to go in the depths of J-Core, but it think there are enough ressources for this kind of information.
It's all about information, in my opinion. Having more information is better than having less of it. Pointing towards many audiences is better than just pointing towards one. Adressing the general and worldwide gamer society is the best, in my opinion. But well, everyone got a different view of things. That was just mine.
Blah already talked about a possible extension of VGMdb. For my part, I'd be very happy about such an extension.

Last edited by Gaia; Sep 25, 2008 at 03:28 PM.