View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
All this speculation about MM7's so-called composer team seems to be based on the game's credits. However, that listed MM7's entire sound team and, as with other Capcom works, that includes separate composers, sound effects designers, sound programmers, etc.

Admittedly there could be more composers under weird pseudonyms than the two deciphered, but I expect most if not all the others are sound designers of various sorts.

My expectation that Ippo Yamada didn't compose anything for this release, but instead served a sound design role, as he had always done otherwise at Capcom (e.g. SSFII SNES, RE1 PSX). None of the sources that have said otherwise have been primary ones.

Given I've asked him directly about this, I'll know for sure soon enough and hopefully find out a bit more about the rest of the sound team.
You officially win the awesome award

BTW, if you can spare the time, take a look at my attempts at composer identification for Rockman 1, 2 and 4 on the Rockman 1~6 thread, Rockman X1 and X5 on the X1~X6 thread, Rockman and Forte on the Chiptuned Rockman thread (the album that inspired all this) and Rockman 7, X7, and X8 on their respective OST album threads and give me your opinion. I think I've nailed the style for most of them and got the majority of their tracks correctly identified, and this just might crack one of the biggest VGM composer mysteries of all time. Now all I need to do is Sonic 3 and I'll pretty much be done.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 18, 2010 at 05:19 PM.