View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Since the new director, Hajime Tabata, seems to favor Takeharu Ishimoto, I think he's a likely candidate to have taken over any extra music or arrangements. Mitsuto Suzuki possibly, as well. Mizuta is out as not only is he handling the music for the new FF iOS RPG by Takashi Tokita, but he is also likely working on the music for the final FFXI expansion.
I don't think Tabata favors Ishimoto. It's just that Ishimoto was the "PSP somposer," and Tabata was the "PSP director," so they ended up working together a few times. Tabata directed The 3rd Birthday without music from Ishimoto, and Ishimoto composed for Dissidia and Birth By Sleep, neither of which were directed by Tabata, so my guess is their association isn't specifically because of Tabata wanting to work with Ishimoto, like how Nomura likes to work with Shimomura, or Kitase likes to work with Hamauzu.

I'd prefer the soundtrack remain a one composer affair (and still expect that - it could be filled out with others arranging her themes if she's not up to a 4 disc work), but if there is to be collaboration, my choice would go to Suzuki. He really hit his contributions to LR out of the park, and was easily the best part of The 3rd Birthday's soundtrack.