View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
1. Multiple releases make large discographies
I think this will be limited mainly to certain super-big franchises with their origins in the 70s and 80s, so even if 50-some OP/ED singles is pretty crazy, hopefully this kind of thing will be limited to a handful of series'. I guess Yamato, Gundam and Lupin III will be among the biggest ones.

Quote:
3. Some albums are reproductions of the audio from the source animation.
I don't think these are too common as far as more modern releases are concerned, but Ghibli actually released this kind of album for a few of their earlier films as well. Apart from a few 2-disc releases featuring the whole audio track from the film, there is also this album.

I don't really see a problem with including them, the question is how to classify them though; perhaps 'audio clip' or something.

Another thing I wanted to mention is the linking of anime albums from different regions, particularly regarding the tracklists. For example should the western releases feature the Japanese tracklist from the jpn release? and even between different western releases there can be slight differences in the tracknamings.