View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2019, 03:46 AM
Trusted Editor

The Top 5:

1. Fuukan no Grasesta SOUND COLLECTION
In 2017 I named Amayui Castle Meister one of my favorites and Fuukan no Grasesta fortunately is of similar quality. An epic 2 disc RPG soundtrack with some particularly great battle and map themes.

2. TAMAYURA MIRAI ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
A pleasant surprise to see Takepon Maki back in business. This should've been released 15 years ago and feels strangely nostalgic. Reminds me of early Atelier or the Studio e.go! RPGs from the 00s.

3. AoNatsuLine Vocal Collection & Original Soundtrack "Our Songs"
This was consistently calm and relaxing BGM and stands out among the stock music from other VNs this year.

4. SUITE IHATOVO STORY FOR PIANO SOLO
I hoped for a concert recording, but a newly recorded release of the piano collection is good enough for making it my top arrange album of this year.

5. Libra of precatus Original Soundtrack
Another quality noisycroak release, not as memorable as Bungo to Alchemist, but still an amazing effort. Glad I had my copy signed by all three composers.

The Good:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Sound Selection
A pretty good soundtrack that leaves me hopeful for more. I suspect there will be a complete soundtrack coming out, but if it's as large as the former soundtracks, it will be difficult to fully appreciate the music.

FIRE EMBLEM PREMIUM ARRANGE
I really didn't like this on my first listen, but after giving it a second chance, it's my second favorite arrange album this year.

Symphonic Tale: The Rune of Beginning
A solid arrange album and a commendable Kickstarter production. I would love to see more of this in 2020. Looking forward to Project "G"..

The Rest:

Just some of the disappointments for me without any further comment:
  • Chrono Orchestra Arrangement Box
  • Princess Connect! Re: Drive Original Soundtrack
  • Indivisible Original Game Soundtrack
  • Dragon Marked For Death Original Soundtrack
  • See you at the other side of the moon Original Sound Track