View Single Post
Old May 5, 2020, 08:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
Now, we are all aware the fact that it started to be a Game Music database, which got wider on its scope. And has always been having some conflicting issues, even when you are going by the guidelines, but someone decides, "Nah! Forbidden."
Years ago, I started to build Ichirou Nitta database here, and when I got to live action stuff i was denied, even when the guidelines was "related to game, anime or manga". It was related to the manga, so i was denied just because someone felt like saying "NO". Which lead to shut my mouth back then, when saw people doing the same as me, live action soundtrack entries based on a manga, and those were allowed. Like it or not, I call that favoritism.
Same happened again, just for example, Kenji Kawai, and a sentai soundtrack or Yasuharu Takanashi. "Sentai? Good God! NO!"
And again.... certain users were adding Sentai in here, and were allowed. Again... favoritism?
Look at this place now? Sentai Everywhere.
even Disney Animated Movies is everywhere... hell. Even just movies!
So, I am struggling some with how to address your questions in the context of this conversation. You've submitted over 1200 albums though, and only have 3 outright rejections, so I don't think you are being singled out. There isn't any subjective favoritism here, but there are two factors always in play: 1) trusted editors and staff are not watched as closely, and even in the new guidelines have more leeway for submitting category 2 and 3, and 2) accurate and complete submissions were more likely to be kept even if they were a little out-of-scope, but the same album submitted by someone who omitted some of the credits would get deleted.

The point of these new rules is to define more clearly what albums people can submit.

Quote:
Now let me give another example.
Imagine I am just a normal person that checks this website a lot. And I see "Oppai volleyball" soundtrack really exists. I am happy, and I buy it. But then I notice the vocal main theme is missing on the soundtrack. So, was that released or not?
(Believe me, it took a lot to find the correct thing, because "cao cao" is also a feudal chinese lord name.)
Are you proposing that any album should be eligible provided that it shares some link (artist or product) with another album in the database? Do you think there should be any limits on that?

Quote:
With all due respect, I think we are. Specific on the composers here, or anime/manga related, but still, we are already a Japanese movie soundtrack database.
I think you are proposing that all of "Japanese Film/TV" should be a secondary visual art, maybe replacing the current more-restrictive Tokusatsu/childrens programming under Live-Action Visual Arts, and should cover all Japanese film and television. I don't believe there is a lot of support for that here, but we should discuss it anyway.

Quote:
So..... if the single for this movie (Oppai) is disregarded, even though those artist names have their own entries here, what reason can you point for a "NO"?
The reason is: does not meet the following eligibility requirement for Category 3. "If an artist has a composer or arranger credit for BGM in a Primary Visual Art (Category 1), then any album on which they are credited in any role is eligible provided it is not in the Forbidden Albums set (Category 4)."

As an aside, i did find a BGM credit for one of the composers, so that single has eligibility. I still want the onus to be on the submitter to preemptively defend eligibility. Easy enough to post the reason it should be included.