View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I haven't really properly explored any Castlevania/Akumajou Dracula tunes yet but "The Silence of Daylight" (town theme) which I did try, seems doable for me.
Not sure what MIDI you are using for the CV stuff, but these were the most accurate ones I found back about a decade ago when I was recording them. It's got most of the themes from CV1 and CV2: Simon's Quest.

CV MIDI

And I did manage to find an old recording of me attempting to play them. It has Prelude, Vampire Killer, Wicked Child, and Heart of Fire from CV1 followed by CV2's Silence of Daylight (around 5:20), Bloody Tears (outdoor daylight music, also the most famous from that game), and Dwelling of Doom (inside the castles). It's been forever since I played any of these, but they were very handy to help learn techniques on guitar for various musical concepts (pedal notes in Heart of Fire & Bloody Tears, diminished runs in Dwelling of Doom, etc...). The hardest part of Silence of Daylight is keeping the two voices in time with each other.

CV Recording

Quote:
I have a bunch of the MIDIs he uploaded back in 2001 and 2002 I got using Archive.org a few years ago.
You rock! If only I had this a few weeks ago before I did the recording :P I definitely plan to look at the guitar voices and pinpoint some of the areas I didn't quite get right.