View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:55 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
As far as I can tell, Joe McDermott only composed for one game (Zombies Ate My Neighbors). Being that his ratio is 1-to-6+, his original works should not be included.
Except that that's wrong. Even a quick look at MobyGames shows he's also composed for Q*Bert 3 on the SNES, IndyCar Racing for DOS, and children's game Pajama Sam 3 for Windows. Alongside Zombies, those are the works where he gets either solo or co-credit with The Fat Man as a duo.

There are also the games with soundtracks composed and performed by Team Fat, which I'm guessing are mostly the Fat Man (esp. The 7th Guest/The 11th Hour) but may also involve the other Team Fat members on the composition side: Shannara, Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo, This Means War!, and Jane's Combat Simulations: U.S. Navy Fighters '97. (Could be other games where McDermott hasn't been credited on MobyGames; not implying a slew of them, but there could be 1 or 2 others.)

That his website doesn't focus on his VGM background is irrelevant, IMO, at least as a deciding factor. It seems to me like McDermott's inadvertently being scrutinized because most of his VGM soundtrack work has never been released on CD, thus making the addition of his Works albums seem too lopsided career-wise.

The short of it to me is that McDermott's got several composer credits for games. Once that's established, I feel at least that the inclusion of Works albums is viable. Not that it means anything, but I definitely wouldn't add slews of "Works" a la the Trent Reznor/Peter Gabriel scenarios.