View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2020, 05:10 AM

Let me add a little bit of an explanation to my original question.

When I listen to a soundtrack where I have rated every track, I usually apply a rating filter to weed out the tracks I don't care for that much. It only takes a few seconds and this way I quickly get my own personal "best of" experience of that album. The shorter an album is and the more consistently good it is, the less I apply a rating filter. I almost never actually press a skip button, but rather skip tracks via the rating filter (which I often change even for the same album, depending what I'm in the mood for).

When I listen to a soundtrack where I haven't rated every track (or on YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp, etc.), I almost always listen to it from start to finish without skipping tracks. I only hit the skip button, if a track is outright annoying or otherwise distracting.

Due to the COVID-19 situation I've been working from home for the past few months. Now I can actually listen to music while working, and I really feel like discovering new OSTs. While thinking about this, I saw a Facebook post about Valkyria Revolution's OST not being that good, which made me think about how much I like the soundtrack and how I always listen to it without skipping tracks, even though I have rated all of its tracks. I was further surprised by its relatively low rating (3.77) on VGMdb. From this I got the idea of asking recommendations specifically for soundtracks that are so consistently good, that you would never even think of skipping a track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
But the implication that ALMOST ALL soundtracks have a bunch of skippable tracks ALL THE TIME? That's how the original post comes out as.

Yes I get wanting to skip a few on on a few discs. I don't get that someone would ask the question in the first place as if there's anything normal about it.
I apologize, I did not mean to imply that almost all soundtracks have a bunch of skippable tracks or that one way of listening is more normal compared to another way. The original title is how the question popped in my head and I didn't realize it might stir negative feelings. I've added a paragraph to my original post. Please let me know if there's anything more I can do to make the post better.